- Learn about the worldwide refugee crisis to understand why so many people are fleeing their homes and why we need to help. Use this link to learn more: http://refugeeresettlementassistance.blogspot.com/p/the-worldwide-refugee-crisis.html
- Learn about refugee issues and correct misinformation when you hear it or read it. Try this link from this website http://refugeeresettlementassistance.blogspot.com/p/faqs-about-refugee-resettlement-in-us.html
- Understand how refugees enter your country.
- Choose books written by or about refugees for book groups or read them yourself.
- Learn to cook food from different cultures.
- Visit mosques and churches of other faiths and denominations.
- Meet people from different ethnic groups.
- Shop at ethnic grocery stores.
- Do your laundry at the laundromat and talk to people there
- Walk and take public transportation instead of driving
- Shop at businesses run by immigrants
- Follow service groups on social media.
- Reach out to people on the edges.
- Highlight strengths in other cultures.
- Make service a priority.
Changing Your Perspective
How can I get more interested in helping refugees? How can I change my perspective? What if I don’t have much experience interacting with people from different countries? What can I do if I am scared to work with refugees?